Here’s the do’s and don’ts, the way things are done! Follow the guide below and your print will be the best it can be.
A good place to start is with our print templates, these provide the perfect blueprint, so all you need to worry out is your creativity.
Pre Print Checklist
The best print jobs begin with the right artwork. Use this checklist to make sure your artwork translates into print magnificently.
- My colours are CMYK.
- I have 3mm bleed in place.
- I have crop marks in place.
- All my images are high resolution – at least 350 DPI (and not much greater, to avoid an enormous file size).
- I have separated everything nicely. (If you want us to print four sets of business cards, the artwork for each set should be supplied on a separate page. If you want us to print a double-sided business card, the artwork for the front of the business card should be supplied on a separate page to the artwork for the back of the business card.)
- I have exported my artwork into a high-resolution, print-ready PDF file format. (Only this format will do, but we can do it for you. Click here to find out about our design service).
- I have made a cup of tea, engaged in a brief victory dance and patted myself on the back for a checklist well checked.
If you’re looking for a rich, moody black colour in your print, we’d suggest adjusting your CMYK settings as follows:
This will give you the deep colour you’re keen on, without over-saturation or smudge.
Colour Me Sorted
The best way to make sure you get the colour you’re looking for is to use our colour guides. These are a great reference point when selecting your colour make up to make sure your full colour printing is as accurate as possible to your brand.
The guide is available in both coated and uncoated paper. Contact us to order yours.
See below finished sizes for our most common size options.
|A7||74mm x 105mm|
|Business card||85mm x 55mm|
|A6||105mm x 148.5mm|
|DL (1/3 A4)||210mm x 99mm|
|A5||148.5mm x 210mm|
|Square||210mm x 210mm|
|A4||210mm x 297mm|
|A3||297mm x 420mm|
|A2||420mm x 594mm|
|A1||594mm x 840mm|
We understand that bleed, crop marks, colour levels and the like can seem like dutch if you’re not up to speed with print design, but don’t worry! We’ve got your back.
We offer some services to make the whole process a little less stressful, say the word and we’ll…
- Check everything obsessively
We can offer a comprehensive pre-print check service on your artwork before you go to print to pick up any pitfalls that may result in a costly reprint. We’ll check things like colour consistency, image quality, and we’ve even been know to pick up typo’s!
- Feel up your files
We offer a file correction and PDF correction service. It’s very important that your artwork goes to print in the right format. If creating print-ready PDFs isn’t your thing, we’ll do the dirty work.
- Design something fantastic
Why not let one of our talented designers whip up something brilliant for you? We offer a creative design service. Send us a brief and we’ll be in touch to get the ball rolling.
Please contact us if you need further assistance.